Tour the Italian lakes, explore the Chianti vineyards of Tuscany or discover the historic towns and cities of the Veneto Plain. Packed with insider tips and information, this easy-to-use guide reveals incredible sights, hidden gems and authentic local experiences that can only be discovered by road.
Inside Back Roads Northern and Central Italy:
- A free laminated pull-out road map of Italy helps you navigate with ease
- 25 easy-to-follow driving tours, each lasting one to five days
- Guided walks take you through Italy's historic towns and villages
- Experts suggest the best off-road activities in each area, from taking a wine tour to visiting art galleries
- Contains essential travel tips, including our pick of where to stay, eat and shop, plus useful travel, visa and health information
- Covers all the Italian rules of the road
- Includes postcodes for use with GPS, plus information on road conditions and parking tips
- Covers Turin, Piedmont, Italian Lakes, Lake Maggiore, Lake Como, Lombardy, Lake Garda, Trentino-Alto Adige, the Dolomites, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, the Veneto Plain, the Po Delta, Ravenna, Genoa, Azure Coast, Cinque Terre, Tuscany, Chianti vineyards, Umbria, Perugia, Apennine Mountains, Montefeltro Mountains, Le Marche and more.