West Highland Way Rucksack Readers | 9781898481867
Livraison gratuite àpd €50 (en Belgique)
The West Highland Way is first and foremost among Scotland’s Great Trails, celebrating its 40th anniversary in 2020. It stretches for 96 miles (154 km) of superb scenery, from the outskirts of Glasgow to Fort William. It runs along Loch Lomondside through Scotland’s first Na;onal Park, passing through rugged Highland scenery en route to the foot of the UK’s highest mountain, Ben Nevis.
This edition is lavishly illustrated, with 80 colour photos and 15 pages carrying new, detailed route mapping (1:40,000). It includes several route updates, many fresh photos and is in a slim pocket-friendly format. Like all Rucksack Reader guidebooks, it is printed on rainproof paper.
This 5th edition describes the West Highland Way in detail from Milngavie northward, including the improved lochside path north of Rowardennan and the final "extra mile" in Fort William. It has many fresh photographs and route updates, and contains all you need to plan and enjoy your holiday on the West Highland Way:
• the Way in sections, with summaries of distance, terrain and where to find food and drink
• concise background on the history and wildlife
• information about side-trips, e.g. Ben Lomond and Ben Nevis
• background information about Loch Lomond, history, habitats and wildlife
• planning information for travel by car, train, bus or plane
• drop-down route map of the West Highland Way in 15 panels (1:40,000)
• in full colour, with 80 photographs
• on waterproof paper throughout.