Discover this exciting destination with the most incisive and entertaining guidebook on the market. Whether you plan to take a boat trip through stunning Ha Long Bay, trek in the mountains around Sa Pa or browse Ho Chi Minh’s markets, this new edition of The Rough Guide to Vietnam will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink, shop and visit along the way.
Inside The Rough Guide to Vietnam
– Independent, trusted reviews written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget.
– Full-colour maps throughout – navigate the tangle of streets of Hanoi’s Old Quarter or Ho Chi Minh’s Cho Lon district without needing to get online.
– Stunning images – a rich collection of inspiring colour photography.
– Itineraries – carefully planned routes to help you organize your trip.
– Detailed regional coverage – whether off the beaten track or in more mainstream tourist destinations, this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way. Areas covered include: Mekong Delta; Hanoi; Ho Chi Minh City and Hoi An; Da Lat; Nha Trang; My Son; Mui Ne; Da Nang; Hue; Cat Ba Island; Sa Pa. Attractions include: Ha Long Bay; Cu Chi Tunnels; Lak Lake; Tam Coc; Po Klong Garai; Cao Dai Great Temple; Bahnar villages; Dong Van Karst Plateau Geopark; The Citadel, Hue and Tet.
– Basics – essential pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, crime and personal safety, festivals and religious events, sports and outdoor activities, shopping, travelling with children and more.
– Background information – a Contexts chapter devoted to history, religion and beliefs, Vietnam’s ethnic minorities, environmental issues, music and theatre, books, movies and film, plus a handy language section and glossary.