Discover England with the most incisive and entertaining guidebook on the market. Whether you plan to explore historic houses and hipster hangouts in south London, hike through Britain’s first national park in the Peak District or ride the waves off the coast of Cornwall, The Rough Guide to England will show you ideal places to sleep, eat, drink and shop along the way.
Inside The Rough Guide to England
– Independent, trusted reviews written in Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget.
– Full-colour maps throughout – navigate the lively streets of East London or Bath’s Regency avenues without needing to get online.
– Stunning, inspirational images Itineraries – carefully planned routes to help you organise your trip.
– Detailed regional coverage – whether off the beaten track or in more mainstream tourist destinations, this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way. Areas covered include: London; Bath, Bristol and the West Country; Brighton and the southeast; Cambridge and East Anglia; Birmingham and the Midlands; Oxford and the Cotswolds; Manchester, Liverpool and the northwest; the Lake District; Yorkshire; Newcastle and the northeast. Attractions include: Stonehenge; The Eden Project; Dreamland, Margate; Hampton Court; Tate St Ives; Dartmoor; London’s markets; Blackpool Pleasure Beach; Hadrian’s Wall; Durham Cathedral.
– Basics – essential pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, accommodation, food and drink, the media, festivals and events, sports and outdoor activities and more.
– Background information – a Contexts chapter devoted to history, architecture, books and literature, music and film.