From deciding when to go, to choosing what to see when you arrive, Insight Guide Mexico is all you need to plan your trip and experience the best of Mexico, with in-depth insider information on must-see, top attractions like Chichén Itzá, the Riviera Maya, Mexico City, Palenque and Colonial Oaxaca and hidden cultural gems like riding the world's most scenic railroad aboard the Ferrocarril Chichuahua al Pacífico.
This book is ideal for travellers seeking immersive cultural experiences, from exploring Teotihuacán, Uxmal and Meixcan folk art, to discovering Artesanía and Mexican music.
- In-depth on history and culture: explore the region's vibrant history and culture, and understand its modern-day life, people and politics
- Excellent Editor's Choice: uncover the best of Mexico, which highlights the most special places to visit around the region
- Invaluable and practical maps: get around with ease thanks to detailed maps that pinpoint the key attractions featured in every chapter
- Informative tips: plan your travels easily with an A to Z of useful advice on everything from climate to tipping
- Inspirational colour photography: discover the best destinations, sights, and excursions, and be inspired by stunning imagery
- Innovative and unique extras: a free eBook and an app
- Inventive design makes for an engaging, easy-reading experience
- Covers: Mexico City and its Surroundings; Baja California; Through the Sierras; El Bajio and the Colonial Heartland; Jalisco and Michoacán; Acapulco and the Pacific Beaches; The Gulf Coast; Oaxaca; Tabasco and Chiapas; The Yucután