From deciding when to go, to choosing what to see when you arrive, Insight Guide Costa Rica is all you need to plan your trip and experience the best of Costa Rica, with in-depth insider information on must-see, top attractions like Arenal Volcano, Punta Uva, Manuel Antonio Park and the Museum of pre-Columbian Art in San José, and hidden cultural gems like the remote Osa Peninsula.
This book is ideal for travellers seeking immersive cultural experiences, from exploring the Tortuguero Canals, hiking the Las Pailas Trail to see some volcanic action up close, surfing in Manzanillo and zip-lining through the rainforest to discovering the best wildlife in the Corcovado National Park, tasting exceptional coffee in Tarrazú and watching artisans painting the traditional ox-carts in Sarchí.
- In-depth on history and culture: explore the region's vibrant history and culture, and understand its modern-day life, people and politics
- Excellent Editor's Choice: uncover the best of Costa Rica, which highlights the most special places to visit around the region
- Invaluable and practical maps: get around with ease thanks to detailed maps that pinpoint the key attractions featured in every chapter
- Informative tips: plan your travels easily with an A to Z of useful advice on everything from climate to tipping
- Inspirational colour photography: discover the best destinations, sights, and excursions, and be inspired by stunning imagery
- Innovative and unique extras: a free eBook and an app
- Inventive design makes for an engaging, easy-reading experience
- Covers: San José, the Central Valley, the Central Pacific, the Northwest Mainland, the Nicola Peninsula, the Northeast, the Caribbean Coast and the South